Thursday, October 11, 2012

DIY Wall Art


This stunning piece of inspiration was one of my first pins (so of course, the link no longer works...bummer!). So when it was time to put it into action for the house, I had to make it up as I went.  Here's a peak at the finished product:




To make it, you can either buy frames, or make them.  I opted to make them with the extra amount of shoe molding  and spray paint we happened to have in the garage.




Once they were painted, I just grabbed scrapbook paper that fit the color scheme of the loft (I admit not as elegant as the original picture), cut it down to size, and applied it to the frames with hot glue.



The only upgrade I made was a monogram in the center.  Because everything is just better monogrammed...


The best part is that it is so easy to interchange the paper...so I have a feeling it will look very different come Christmas!













2 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic, Kristen!!!! Come craft with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! You know I am up for crafting anytime!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...