Friday, October 26, 2012

October Favorites

I can't believe its almost November!  October has been great - loved the change in the weather and visiting with family and friends.  My favorite things, however, have been our date nights this month.  They seem extra special since we are working on opposite schedules right now.  (Can't wait for that to end!!) 

1. Melting Pot


Who doesn't love the Melting Pot??  Even though it is far and a little pricey, it is so worth it and a great date we treat ourselves to every once in a while!  When we go, we go all out and split the cheese, salad, meat, and chocolate.  YUM!


2. Dinner and a Movie


Dinner and a movie is our go to date.  It was the first date Wesley took me on, and it never gets old for us.  This month we had Mexican and saw Taken 2.  Obviously Wesley's choice...my favorite part was that everyone good was ok at the end.  Oh, and by agreeing I won next month's pick: Anna Karenina.  I get excited about it every time I see the poster for it hanging on the wall in my sister's room!


3. Late Lunch Out

 
Working every other weekend, when your spouse doesn't, just...sucks.  We try and do our best to do something fun for the few hours we are awake together on Saturday before I have to go in.  Last week Wesley treated me to a late lunch/early dinner at our favorite restaurant in Fuquay: Tacos Mexico.  



4. Pizza and Planning


So one night this month we were trying to figure out where to go eat and I suggested pizza.  To me, this meant trying a new place downtown that had New York style pizza.  To Wesley, this obviously meant "Pizza Hut."  Since it was closer, we went with his choice, even though I secretly hated it.  It ended up being so much fun! We had the place to ourselves, and we came up with the brilliant idea of going to Belgium and France for our anniversary next year.  So all in all, best date night of the month!


Linking up here

5 comments:

  1. Can I accompany you two on your anniversary trip next year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming over from the favorite things link up. I LOVE Melting Pot. That sounds like an awesome anniversary trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Megan! Melting Pot is the best.

    And Ashley, my mom has asked if she can come too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think fondue should be a required meal every day! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...