Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bojnice Castle {Watercolor}

Bojnice Castle. Watercolor. 2013

My first completed painting in almost 7 years.  

I'm wincing as I type that number.  Far too long. Did you know that if you stop using certain skills, the neural pathways that perform those skills weaken and can even break and form new pathways for the current skills you are using?  They do.  It's called brain grafting.  

It's not my best work, but I think it's time to start again. 
Hopefully there will be many more to come.

3 comments:

  1. I really like it. The color tones feel like a gorgeous sunset is happening in front. I had no idea you were so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way!! You actually painted this? It's gorgeous, Kristen. Yes, keep up those skills!! Can't wait to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful, Kristen! You are clearly so talented, and good for you for getting back on the horse, so to speak. I'd heard that the neural pathways can sever, but the term "brain grafting" is just so scary.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...