Monday, January 7, 2013

White Chili


Who doesn't love a good bowl of chili on a frosty winter's night?
My new favorite kind of chili, is white chili.  So delicious.

Speaking of chili, did you know that to Texans, chili isn't really chili if there are beans in it.  So true. Therefore, I suppose I am denouncing my roots by loving this. 

White Chili

1/2 onion, chopped
 2 cloves garlic, chopped  
jalapeño, chopped 
Pablano, chopped
1/4 c green or red pepper, chopped

1T olive oil  
1lb ground turkey or chicken 
4cups chicken broth
2 cans canollini beans, drained
1cup shoepeg corn
1T cumin
iT chili powder
1T dried parsley
1/4 c chopped cilantro
1 bay leaf

Toppings:
Tortilla Chips
Sliced avacado
Shredded cheese
Sour Cream

Saute the first 6 ingredients in a large pot.  Season with salt and pepper.  Add the ground meat and cook till brown.  Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for at least 30 minutes.  Discard the bay leaf before serving.  Top with desired toppings.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ok...dumb question. What is shoepeg corn? I need this white chili in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a dumb question! I'm replying here in case anyone else needed to know.... Shoe peg corn is just a type of sweet corn. It's in the freezer section

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...