Thursday, May 30, 2013

David Hettinger


I think if Monet lived in our day, the subjects of his paintings would be a lot like these.  David Hettinger is a painter from Illinois and I'm in love with his style.  I saw these two paintings at a gallery in Charleston and fell in love with their intensity of color, Impressionistic brushstrokes and modern subjects.  The first one is titled Pink Pillows and the second Reading and Texting.  Yes, that's right, texting is now a subject in paintings. 

Once I got home, I had to look up more.  These were two of my favorites that I found:

Girl with a Textbook
Oil

Autumn Landscape
Oil

Beautiful, right?!? Makes me want to pull some paints out and go to town!

1 comment:

  1. I need these prints! They are gorgeous. Makes me want to visit the art museum ASAP! I love that you open the blogger world's eyes to art, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...