Thursday, October 2, 2014

Slowing Down




Meet Kangaroo.  Ellie loves Kangaroo.  She will smile when Kangaroo comes out to play and will get lost in a spell binding stare.  A lot of the time she will talk to her too.  Kangaroo was one of the sweetest gifts that we got from the NICU and I love that Ellie loves it because it reminds me of our sweet "kangaroo" cuddle sessions when she was still in the hopsital.  

When I look back over the past few months, I can't believe how time has flied.  One thing that Ellie has already taught me is the importance of slowing down.  I was doing so much right before Ellie was born - and I never want to have that much on my plate again.  Until now, I have judged a lot of my personal success on how much I can take on and manage well.

Now, I take things slower.  And I love it.  I love every minute of it.  Just because you can do everything, doesn't mean that you should.  There is a time and season for everything, and it is up to us to know our season and prioritize within it. Every day I pray that I will be able to know what Ellie needs and to meet those needs.  It helps so much that I don't have a long list of "to-dos" to worry about while she and I are still getting to know each other.  She is getting bigger and bigger and I'm glad we have this time together to cherish each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...